Friday 18 November 2011

The Perils of Jack



Apocalypse by Harry Lorayne
Volume 8, Number 2 February 1985
Page 1031 et seq.

Personal Comment: The story is boring... but here is the thing... You don't have to do a Sam the Bellhop routine with a full deck. A few is enough. But the story needs to be entertaining. Something I dare to say even Sam the Bellhop misses. I have seen a version by David Regal, which was the closest in actually entertaining me. What makes a normal full deck routine so strong is that it looks like you are either completely improvising or in full control throughout. This is rather weak, as it only showcases the later argument. It misses the ambivalence of a full deck routine. Yet I can testify that it plays well... at least with the story that I attached to. (it won't work in English, as it is German)
And I have no doubt that Mr. Torrales' version works for him.

Difficulty 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment