Sunday 17 July 2011

OverWELM by Randy Wakeman, Doug Edwards, Harry Lorayne and Ed Marlo



Apocalypse by Harry Lorayne
Volume 12, Number 12 December 1989
Page 1717 et seq.

Personal Comment: An Ace production. Basically it all boils down to the moment where the Aces are produced. Doug Edwards, Randy Wakeman and Harry Lorayne each offer solutions of how to get into the setup needed for this. I didn't like either one. That doesn't mean that they aren't good, it just means, they are so personal that I cannot see me doing them. So I made up this version, which is my own. But unlike Mr. Lorayne who loves to see his own name in print, I wouldn't want to add me to the credits. The idea of turning the packets face down prior to the production to hide where the cards are coming from is Ed Marlo's contribution.

The production is one I have used on many occasions. But I do it slightly differently. Let me explain. Instead of getting two of the aces in the center holding a break above them, I just cut them to the bottom. Then I split the deck in two and in the act of separating the hands I turn the former bottom half face up. It will look like nothing has changed. Then I do the production and all is well. It has served me well over the years.

Difficulty 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment